New World Visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Visions

- A spiritual community where people are preparing for paradise! -

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(Worship =) Worth-ship!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Character Profile
Name: Sis. Du Wright
Church Attendance: Never Misses a Church Service
Outside Occupation: Researcher

(Worship =) Worth-ship! Empty
PostSubject: (Worship =) Worth-ship!   (Worship =) Worth-ship! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:31 pm

The following excerpt was sent in by one of GCOJC.ORG's
dynamic-teaching, Holy Ghost-filled spiritual Partners by the
name of Pastor Justine Likuka of Zambia, Africa -
Founder of the 'Gates of Glory Ministries.'

Have a look at this thought too!!!
Worth-ship

"For the Father is seeking such to worship Him."John 4:23

Jesus revealed some of His greatest insights on worship to a flawed woman with five failed marriages and a live-in boyfriend. No wonder His disciples 'marveled that He talked with a woman' (Jn 4:27). So what is Jesus teaching us about worship?

(1) That anybody can do it! True worship has nothing to do with your religious denomination (Jews and Gentiles), and cannot be limited to a physical location (Mount Gerizim or the Temple in Jerusalem). Once you've made Him [Jesus] Lord of your life, Jesus accepts your worship.

(2) That God is actually looking for people who will do it. Here's a stop-you-in-your-tracks thought: God created you to do the only thing He cannot do for Himself - worship!
'You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for You have created all things, and for Your pleasure they are and were created' (Rev 4:11).
We were actually created to worship God!

(3) That there's no 'only' way to do it.
According to Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 'The worship of God is nowhere defined in Scripture'.
That's because it's such a powerful outpouring of our hearts toward the Lord and represents such love, gratitude and devotion that it cannot be put into words; nor can it be defined by a song, a shout, or silence. Jesus said,
'True worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth' (Jn 4:23).
True worship comes from the depths of your spirit and is based on the truth of God's Word. To understand worship, think: worth-ship! How much do you value the Lord? We never get tired of talking about what we value most! My wife calls me "A big-mouth for Jesus"!!!!!!
Love always.
Oh, FYI - I got an honorary doctorate for the work I have been doing and still doing in Zambia and all Africa! the title means nothing to me though - but I thank God for the recognition made for all that we have been doing.
No matter how small what you are doing may look like - someone is noticing it - and that is God!!!!

--
Justine Likuka [Founder/General Overseer]
P O Box 72585, Ndola - Zambia
Website: http://gatesofgloryministries.org or http://gatesofglorymin.tripod.com
"Destiny is calling - Never give up; Just do it"!!! This is the season of laughter.......... May the Lord shine on you as we wish you 3 John 2 all year round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.revelation1467.com

(Worship =) Worth-ship!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New World Visions :: Our Daily Bread :: Kingdom Living-
Jump to: